In the 2016-2017 academic year, SNaPP Lab research assistants will be involved in a variety of research tasks on three main projects. For a broader overview of the research, please see the Active Research page.
CIPI Project: SNaPP Lab RAs on the lab experiments and political communication teams will:
- Process and analyze the data collected from the first two lab experiment protocols, fielded in 2014-2016
- Code data from the free response section of the nationally representative survey
- Help design a new lab experiment protocol to be fielded in 2017
Newspaper to News Feed Project: SNaPP Lab RAs on the political communication team will:
- Provide assistance to polish and finalize chapters that have already been drafted
- Code data from the social network analysis section of the nationally representative survey
- Help design and execute new experimental studies
Political Rhetoric Project: In conjunction with Prof. Van der Veen’s STAIR Lab, members of the SNaPP Lab political rhetoric team will continue to work on a project mapping political ideology in political speech aimed at a mass audience in the contemporary American context.
SNaPP Lab RAs on the political rhetoric team will:
- Gather and process additional textual data, as necessary
- Expand and elaborate on the working draft of the literature review for the project
- Contribute to the production of an article manuscript for the project